Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Project Becker Update #1 | VISC 404

For this project we chose a topic and are going to make an infographic for it. I chose the topic of YouTube and going to focus mostly on the growth from 2012 to 2017. So far I have found a large amount of information that I have to figure out how to transfer over to the infographic. The infographic design is what I have been focusing on the most. I started with the idea of using the YouTube play button to show growth over time, but after trying to figure out how I would lay out information, it would not have worked.


I now am working towards design the infographic based on the YouTube watch page. I really like some of the older watch page designs so I have been using this for my inspiration when it comes to what the infographic will look like.


The timing counter will act as a timeline with different information added onto it between the 5 years. The side “suggested videos” area as well as the description will house information like viral videos, most viewed videos, most subscribed person for that year, etc. I feel like this layout will be a lot more successful than the one I started with.





No comments:

Post a Comment